Thursday 21 May 2015

Could Rafa Benitez be on his way to Real Madrid?


There is a rumour going around, about the Napoli boss Rafa Benitez replacing the under pressure Carlos Ancelotti at Real madrid. The Madrid Hierarchy are understood to meet this week and possibly relieve the Italian of this duty with one year still remaining on his contract.

However, Atletico Madrid Coach Diego Simeone lamented that
he is angry that anyone doubts Carlos Ancelotti's future for Real Madrid boss, and also suggested that he feels that the time has come for long-serving Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas to move on.

Ancelotti will watch from the stands on Saturday, while others call the shot in Madrid's final game of the season. Could this, perhaps, suggest that the Italian is really on his way out? I think only time will tell.


Former Real Madrid player Michael Laudrup has backed Carlos Ancelotti to continue as the Los Blancos boss, but however added that result is what decides a manager's future at the top level.

Meanwhile Carlos Ancelotti told reporters in an interview:

"I don't have to talk. If the club is happy with the work that I have done in the last two years I will continue. If they are not happy they will have to take a decision. I don't have to talk with the club. I have already decided my future, I would like to stay here but I know very well how soccer works. The club has the right to change a coach if they are not happy".

photo credit: bbc sport
credit: ESPN 

No comments:

Post a Comment